Tuesday, September 14, 2010

REALLY??????!!!!!

Oh ya'll I am still steaming about this one. And then again, part of me wants to haul off laughing. I think I haven't because I'm mad that my son thought this was so humorous.
I've heard the story of my mother-in-law threatening my brother-in-law, at the age of three, that if he didn't unlock the car doors by the time she counted to three, he would be getting a spanking. Let me inform you that the little guy had managed to get the keys to their car, put them in the ignition and start the vehicle...and then proceeded to lock the doors. I've laughed about this several times...I never knew that today I would be writing to you about my very own story of being locked out.
Yes, locked out!!! I was out on the patio doing laundry (our setup is out side on the closed in patio of our condo)and shut the door so Dean and the dog didn't come out. I finish loading the clothes into the washing machine when I hear an all too familiar "click". Ha, ha I thought...he locked me out. But when I looked in to see he's chubby little face smiling back at me, I began to get angry. I told him he couldn't play with his trains the rest of the day if he didn't let me in . HE JUST STOOD THERE SMILING... I waited a bit, then went back to him standing at the glass, sliding doors and remembered my mother-in-laws tack-ticks. And as I slowly counted to three, HE JUST STOOD THERE SMILING!
By this time I was a ball of emotions, mad because he thought this was funny and as much as it was...it wasn't, scared and a bit worried because it hit me that I hadn't taken him to the potty lately and just knew I'd have an "accident" to clean up. I watched as my little prankster went over to the couch, laid on his stomach and looked at me and smiled. It was at this time when I began to pray my husband would come home for lunch. With no neighbor in sight, I went back to the glass doors and called Dean over to unlock it. Finally, he unlocked it. What felt like half an hour was only 15 minutes, but still not something I want to relive.
I know, some of you may be saying...he is just three maybe he didn't know how to unlock the patio door. And that my friend, is where you are wrong. He knows how to do a lot of things that blow my mind away.
Needless to say, he is grounded from his trains today. Not sure if I will actually be punishing myself, but if there is one thing I have learned, I have to stick with what I say I will do.
There it is...hope it made you chuckle. I'm beginning to calm down a bit, and no doubt after Mr. Funny Man goes to bed, his father and I will be laughing our heads off.
Until next time...
Misti

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! I am laughing too BUT I also know how scared you were...it's the unknown. Not knowing IF or WHEN he will unlock the door is what is so scary.
    I guess you will have to put a door stop in the door from now on.

    Keep blogging Momma!

    ReplyDelete